Thursday 5 February 2015

WHY CERTAIN THINGS SEEM THE WAY THEY ARE

There was once a King who had a male servant who, in all circumstances always said to master; "My king, do not be discouraged, it is well, God have his reasons why certain things seem the way they are." One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king, the servant managed to kill the animal but couldn't prevent his majesty from losing a finger. Furious and without showing gratitude, the King said; if God is really good as he claims, I would not have been attacked and lost one finger. The servant replied, ' My lord, it is well, despite what has happened God is good and he has reasons why certain things seem the way they are." Outraged by the response, the king ordered the maid to be locked in his prison yard. While being taken to prison, he humbly repeated it to the king.
 Another day, the king left alone for another hunt and was captured by savages who use human beings for sacrifice. On the altar of sacrifice, the savages found out that the king had lost one finger, and was considered not "complete" to be offered to their gods. with this he was released. On his return to the palace, he ordered the release of his servant and said; My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger, I was let go. But I have a question; If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison? His servant replied; My king, if I had not been put in prison, I would have gone with you, and would have been sacrificed in your stead, because I have no missing finger. Everything God does is perfect, indeed, he has his reasons why certain thing are the way they are.

Moral
If at all you've lost anything, God is the reason you've not lost every thing.
let's cultivate an attitude of gratitude so we can scale altitude.

0 comments:

Post a Comment