Tuesday 30 September 2014

The little milkmaid

A little  girl was going to the market to sell some filtered cow milk she carried in a pail on her head for her mother.while going on the way she began calculating the extra gain she would get for herself from the milk she had barely sold and the things she would do with the money . "I'll buy some fowls from the poultry said she,"and they will lay eggs each morning, which I will sell to mom's friend.With the money that I get from the sale of these eggs I'll buy myself a beautiful attire and a pair of black sandals; and when I go to market, won't all the young men come up and speak to me? Even wakamma my former friend would be that jealous, this i know; but I don't care. I shall just look at her and toss my head like this. As she spoke she tossed her head back, the Pail fell off her head, and all the milk was spilt. So she had to cry back home and tell her mother what had occurred.

"Oh, my child," said the mother,

"how could you have been so foolish."

Moral:

Do not count your chickens yet while they are still in the egg.

0 comments:

Post a Comment